We offer a wide range of services, repairs and upgrades for all PCs and Laptops. You’re more than welcome to bring your PC or laptop in-store for a member of our team to have a look at it or discuss any services, repairs or upgrades.
Services & Repairs
Services we offer:
- Diagnostics - Have an issue with your laptop? We can find out exactly what is causing the issues and find the best way to fix it.
- Screen Replacement - Laptop screen smashed, flickering or distorted? We can replace almost every laptop screen.
- SSD Upgrades - Is your Laptop running slow? We can replace an aging hard drive with an SSD and speed up your laptop significantly.
- RAM Upgrades - Doing heavy multitasking, or does your laptop not have enough RAM to do daily tasks well. We can upgrade the RAM in any laptop with replaceable DDR3 or DDR4 memory.
- Keyboard Replacement - Some keys not working, or does the keyboard not work at all? We can replace the keyboard on your laptop.
- Charging Port Replacement - Charging ports can be fragile, with use charging ports can wear down preventing your laptop from charging.
- Battery Replacement - Overtime batteries degrade reducing battery life, sometimes to the point where they cant even carry any charge. Faulty batteries can also completely prevent your laptop from powering up at all. We can replace Batteries for many laptops, but batteries for some older/rarer laptops are harder to get.
- Hinge Repair - Hinges can often become an issue with laptops, whether it be from damage or wear and tear. We can replace/repair hinges.
- Windows Reinstalls - Is your laptop full of software junk/malware, or do you just want a fresh start? We can wipe your laptop and reinstall Windows from scratch giving you a fresh start free from junk.
- Laptop Clean - Is your laptop dirty and/or the inside clogged up with dust. We can strip down your laptop and give it a nice clean up making it look like new again!
- And much more! - If you have any other issues with your Laptop, give us a call or pop in store and we can let you know what we can do.
- Diagnostics - Have an issue with your PC? We can find out exactly what is causing the issues and find the best way to fix it.
- System Builds/Case Transplants - Need a new PC built, or want your parts moved into a new fancy case? We can build/rebuilt into any compatible case.
- SSD Upgrades - Is your PC running slow? We can replace an aging hard drive with an SSD and speed up your PC significantly.
- RAM Upgrades - Doing heavy multitasking, or does your PC not have enough RAM to do daily tasks well. We can upgrade the RAM in any PC with replaceable DDR3 or DDR4 memory.
- Other Hardware Upgrades - Need more performance? We stock every major component, so whether you want a new Processor, Graphics Card, Motherboard or anything else, we can do it.
- Power Supply - Have no power at all or is your system restarting during use? We can replace any SFX/ATX power supply.
- BIOS Updates - Want to use a new Processor on an older motherboard? We can update your motherboards BIOS to accommodate for the new compatible processor.
- Windows Reinstalls - Is your PC full of software junk/malware, do you just want a fresh start or are you building a new PC and need Windows installed? We can wipe your PC and reinstall Windows from scratch giving you a fresh start free from junk.
- PC Clean - Is your PC dirty and/or the inside clogged up with dust. We can clean out your PC making it look like new again!
- Cable Management - Are your cables messy, or are you struggling to wire up all of the cables. Our experiences technicians can cable manage your PC's to make them look top notch.
- And much more! - If you have any other issues with your PC, give us a call or pop in store and we can let you know what we can do.
Services we do not offer:
While we try to accommodate for as many services as we can, we do not service any of the following:
- Apple Devices - We are unable to repair/replace Apple devices due being unable to get reputable replacement parts. The suppliers we trust and use exclusively deal with PC parts, we cannot give the level of service we are praised of with Apple products.
- Mobile Phones & Tablets - Similar to with Apple devices, there are many fake & low quality components circulating for Phones & Tablets. As a result we do not service/repair them as we cannot give the high quality service we would want to provide.
- Consoles - Once again, we are unable to repair/service consoles and we would be unable of providing the level of service we would be happy with.
- Printers - Due to the low cost of printers and the low availability of replacement parts, repairing printers is not worth the cost & labour to do so.
- Monitors - The price of replacement panels are not only significantly higher than what a monitor manufacturer would pay for them, but are also extremely difficult to obtain. So it generally works out cheaper & easier to buy the exact same monitor brand new.
- PCB Repair - We do not stock the required equipment for low-level PCB repair.
- Small/General Electronics - We specialise in PC's & Laptops, we do not service basic electronic devices.
- Want to double check if we service a specific item? - Contact us via live chat or over the phone on 0191 420 7700 and we can let you know if we can service your device.
Our turnaround time varies depending on how busy we are, the type of service and the length of our repair queue.
We use a first-come-first-served repair queue. Regardless of what kind of repair it is, if it is booked in as a Standard service it goes to the end of the queue. When you pop in with your device we will give a rough turnaround time based on the factors mentioned above.
Need your PC/Laptop back quicker? We offer a Fast Track service for an additional £30 which puts you at the front of the queue. We get started on it as soon as possible and aim to get it back to you as soon as we can, depending on the repair we can give you a more accurate turnaround time in-store.
Current rough turnaround times:
Standard Service: 7-10 Working Days
Fast Track: 2-5 Working Days
Our turnaround times are based on when our Technical Department is open, so are counted with working days (Monday-Friday).
If you have any general enquiry's or questions about our services, turnaround times or prices, feel free to contact us and we aim to answer any questions we can. View our contact details below:
Visit the North East’s largest independent computer retail store and get a hands on experience with most of our available products or for any services and repairs you may require.
400-408 Old Durham Road